Wednesday 3 October 2012

Samhain? Is It Time To Talk About Ancestors Yet? « myvillagewitch

reblogged: Samhain? Is It Time To Talk About Ancestors Yet? « myvillagewitch:

'via Blog this'


Not quite? Not yet? Still a holy day to go before that one, you say?
Perhaps I should shorten my vision a bit.
We have been deeply…enmeshed in the process of creating a group of clergy for Mother Grove Goddess Temple. It’s has been scary and invigorating and silly and annoying. And very very good. This time next week, it’ll be a done deal since the rite of ordination occurs Friday night. At New Moon.
In some ways it seems a simple thing–a group of women who’ve been studying for over a year are capping off their studies with a ceremony. Like graduation or something.
And then I remember what this is. It’s the ordination of clergy in a Goddess temple.
A Goddess temple. In Asheville. A College of Celebrants in a…Goddess temple.
Then I gulp and rub my eyes and have to sit down for a minute because that part seems rather glorious and a little magical and filled with mystery and import.
And it is–on the one hand. We’re part of a rising movement across the globe–a movement that is sometimes called the Return of the Goddess or the Rise of the Great Mother. Each time I hear of a new temple starting out, my heart swells with joy and I feel the pull of past and future simultaneously, as though I stand on a hill and see forward and back. I feel the pull of the mythic past and the tug of a future that we weld together with fire and longing.
These are not only Temple priestesses but also clergy as the modern world understands that notion. Marrying and burying and everything in between. In fact, the week after this ordination, there’s a wedding to do. And I’m talking to old friends about a blessing for their grandson.
The pleasant ending of a year of work and exploration. A ceremony of transition for strong and wise women. A liminal place, a doorway through which they walk into a new and ancient world.
Excellent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Love GuRu thanks you for your comment.

Subscribe Now: iheart

I heart FeedBurner